Table of Contents
Bed bugs are ectoparasite insects that feed on blood from humans and animals. The ectoparasite is a member of the Cimex lectularius family. These pests tend to live in close proximity to their hosts for easier access. Their favorite hiding places are underneath mattresses, behind floorboards, loose wallpaper, and inside of bed linen. The adult bed bug measures about 3/16 of an inch in length, with an oval, flat body structure.
Why Is My Home Infested With Bed Bugs?There are many reasons why your home is infested with bed bugs. The main reason is that you or someone in your home was a bed bug opportunist. This basically means, you or a member of your household walked past and a bed bug saw it as an opportunity. Bed bugs are highly known for their hi-jacking behavior. They will hop on board animals and humans to gain access to new hosts. Bed bug infestations are at their highest point in Colorado and throughout the United States. They have been reportedly seen in hotels, flats, apartments, motels, college dorms, bed & breakfast facilities, inns, and other temporary living quarters. Bed bugs are also known to catch a ride on used furniture, clothing, bed linen, storage units, and other items.
Do Bed Bugs Pose A Risk To Human Health?Bed bugs have not been linked to serious diseases. However, their bites have been linked to human allergic reactions in immune-compromised people. They have also been shown to exacerbate asthma, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD), and other respiratory diseases. They excrete a chemical in their saliva that initiates the inflammation processes, resulting in redness, itching, and swelling.
Bed Bug Eradication – How Does It Work?Bed bugs exhibit elusive behavior to avoid human detection. They will hide in the tiniest crevice to avoid detection, but they cannot escape our bed bug sniffing canines. Our canines have been professionally trained to detect living bed bugs in residential and commercial settings. Bed bugs exhibit deceptive behavior, making them extremely difficult to detect and eradicate. Our bed bugs pest control is comprised of the following:
- Cost-Effective Extermination – Targets only infested areas
- Homeowner Preparation – Provides a jumpstart to our bed bug treatments
- Chemical-Based Bed Bug Products – When administered properly, these pesticides do not pose a risk for humans or animals. We offer both chemical-based and organic pesticides to eradicate bed bug infestations
Our Bed Bug Heat Treatment(We have reputable partners we can refer you to)
- Cost-Effective Extermination – Does not involve potentially harmful chemicals. One of the most effective bed bug treatments. Eradicates bed bugs in all life stages
- Homeowner Preparation – Provides a jumpstart on our bed bug heat solution
- Non-Chemical Bed Bug Treatment – Our top bed bug treatment solution that does not contain harmful chemicals. Depending on the severity of the bed bug infestation, our exterminator may decide to include Diatomaceous Earth, a natural solution that eradicates pests like bed bugs
Bed Bugs Fumigation Treatment(We have reputable partners we can refer you to)
- Cost-Effective Treatment – A very affordable and effective bed bug treatment
- Homeowner Preparation – Allows homeowners to get a jumpstart on their bed bug infestation treatments
- Chemical-Based Application – Utilizes a chemical known as Sulfuryl Flouride (Vikane)